Friday, June 8, 2007

Some progress

Get a call from Kym the adjuster, she has my numbers ready. She also says Sentry has cut a check for May & June for loss of rent and mailed then out.

Bottom line for numbers: Total damage estimate: $144K, additional coverage for asbestos removal: $12K (up to 10% of coverage) grand Total $156K. Yikes. Total figure is above policy limits so I can't complain too much. Don't mean to sound like a commercial for Sentry, but way to go team.

In the next few days I'll be digesting the 26 page estimate and kicking around any options I may have. At this point I can:
  1. Use the contractor who did the estimate.
  2. Use my own contractor.
  3. Ask for a ACV settlement, pay out the mortgage company and sell the property.

I'll have to kick it around for the weekend and see what I come up with.

No comments: